By supporting the Friends of the Library at the College of Charleston, you are helping to advance the interests of the Marlene and Nathan Addlestone Library, Avery Research Center for African American History and Culture, Rivers Communications Museum, Lowcountry Graduate Center Library, and Marine Resources Library. Your membership supports the resources, people, and facilities that are essential to both preparing students for academic achievement and building a strategic acquisition and digitization of rare and essential materials that preserve the culture and history of the region.
- To view membership levels: Click Here.
- To purchase a membership: Click Here.
- To learn about more ways to support the libraries: Click Here.
YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS
Dean’s Excellence Fund
Flexible, unrestricted funds – beyond membership dollars – enable the library staff to respond quickly to new research offerings, technology advances, and acquisition opportunities. You support the conservation of our current holdings, rare materials that have belonged to the College since its founding in 1770. You support a variety of public programming opportunities that provides outside-of-the-classroom learning experiences for the College of Charleston campus community, as well as the Charleston community at-large.
In sum, support of the Library Dean’s Excellence Fund is an investment in the people, resources, and technology that augments the academic experience at the College of Charleston. To make a gift to the Dean’s Excellence Fund: click here, select “Friends of the Library Fund“ from the drop down menu.
Honor With Books
Your gift supports a critical acquisitions need as you remember a loved one or mark a significant milestone. Honor with Books for Graduations, Class Reunions, Memorial Tributes, Professional Honors and Retirements, Weddings and Anniversaries, and Birthdays.
- $100 places your bookplate in one newly purchased volume.
- $500 places your bookplate in six newly purchased volumes.
Gift Planning and Bequests
There are a variety of gift planning vehicles to help you achieve your philanthropic intent to the College of Charleston libraries
- A bequest is the result of careful planning for the best philanthropic use of assets that have taken a lifetime of work, care, and stewardship to build or preserve. The bequest may be a specific sum or a percentage of an estate that may provide a very significant gift for the library.
- Charitable Gift Annuities are a fixed-income plan that pays the donor or another person (or both) guaranteed annual income for life. The rate of payout is determined by the beneficiary’s age.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts are flexible financial instruments that enable the donor to claim a tax deduction the year the gift is made, provide a stream of income for the donor or a designated individual during their lifetime, and ultimately leave a significant gift for the library. You may fund a trust with a gift of cash, appreciated securities, real estate, or other non-cash assets.
For more information, contact Vincent Fraley, Communications and Outreach Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (843) 953-0671