- Travels through Holland, Germany, Switzerland, but especially Italy. Blainville, Monsieur de (1757)
- Travels through part of Europe, Asia Minor, the islands of the archipelago, Syria, Palestine, Egypt, Mount Sinai, &c. giving a particular account of the most remarkable places …Egmond van der Nijenburg, Johannes Aegidius van (1759)
- An account of the European settlements in America [2 vols.] Burke, Edmund (1758)
- Letters on the English and French nations. : Containing curious and useful observations on their constitutions natural and political; nervous and humorous descriptions of the virtues, vices, ridicules and foibles of the inhabitants: critical remarks on their writers; together with moral reflections interspersed throughout the work. : In two volumes. [2 vols.] Le Blanc, Jean-Bernard (1747)
- Travels through France and Italy : containing observations on character, customs, religion, government, police, commerce, arts, and antiquities. with a particular description of the town, territory, and climate of Nice. to which is added, a register of the weather, kept during a residence of eighteen months in that city. Smollett, Tobias George (1764)
- The history of the four last years of the queen. Swift, Jonathan (1758)
- The philosophy of history Voltaire (1766)
- The history of the five Indian nations of Canada. [2 vols.] Colden, Cadwallader (1755)
- The grand tour, or, A journey through the Netherlands, Germany, Italy and France … / by Mr. Nugent ; to which is now added, the European itinerary. (1756)
Click here to view a complete list of books on History from the Mackenzie Library.
Click here to return back to the Mackenzie Library Wish List.